International start-up, globally unique product, 3D social community, real virtual world – that is Metaversum.
Metaversum develops and operates the 3D mirror world Twinity. Twinity connects the real with the virtual by building realistic replicas of the world’s most vibrant cities in 3D. As of now, Berlin, Singapore and London have already launched in Twinity, with more cities to follow soon. Twinity members can create a personal avatar, explore these cities, move into a 3D home, chat with friends, be creative, or just have fun hanging out together. Twinity also offers businesses like Sony Pictures, Motor Music, Drykorn or CineStar new ways of engaging with real people in virtual cities. More information can be found at www.metaversum.com and www.twinity.com.
To strengthen our team in Berlin we are currently looking for a:
Ruby & Rails Web Developer
You would work closely with our product managers and designers to extend a large, high-visibility web application which is tightly integrated with a virtual world. Typical tasks include among others:
- Implementing Facebook Open Graph API
- Adding mobile payment
- Optimizing our landing pages with systematic A/B-testing
- Adding a real-estate auction platform to the application
- 3+ years experience developing web applications
- Strong sense for good user interface design and usability
- Expert knowledge in PHP, Python or Ruby/Rails. Willing to learn the Ruby on Rails framework.
- Firm grasp on modern web standards and best practices
Additionally, we would welcome:
- Experience with XP, scrum or other agile processes
- Experience with test/behaviour driven development
- Open source contributions
What we offer:
- Great products
- Independent and innovative culture
- Pioneer spirit and excellent team
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, please send your complete application, including your resume in German or English, your salary requirements and a possible starting date, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title „Ruby & Rails Developer“ in the email subject line.
(Online application preferred)