we just released another update to the Twinity client. It includes the following changes:
1. We rewrote a lot of the chat display code to improve the performance and reduce the memory consuption of the chat system. The client should get less laggy if you chat a lot.
2. We reworked the member profile page:
– There are new status fields to tell a bit more about yourself and what you are looking for. You can change them directly in the client
– The information in the window has been re-organized to show the most relevant things on top
– We are currently adding a picture gallery for your profile (which is not included in this release)
3. Also we fixed several major bugs:
– The message counters in the main bar are working again
– The progress bar in the main task bar is working again
– The names are displayed correctly in the main task bar
– Statistics are showing correctly in the profile window
We really hope you like the changes. Let us know, if you find any problems in the update.
All the best
Update: We found one issue in the patch:
– If you scroll the mouse-wheel in the 3d world it will scroll the chat window at the same time. (It’s already corrected in our development version and will be part of the next patch)